Friday, May 11, 2018

Interviewed on author Cheryl Holloway's Blog

Before I post the blog and the website, I want to say how excited I was to receive an email from Cheryl Holloway asking for an interview to talk about my latest publication ALL ROADS SHATTERED. Before this interview, I had only been interviewed one other time before about two or three years ago by the charming Debbie DeLouise on her Ruff Drafts Blog. 

Without further ado here is the link and a huge thank you to Cheryl Holloway for having me on her blog about all things writing... 

http://www.cherylholloway.net/blog/2018/05/07/guest-author-interview-lisa-diaz-meyer/


Guest Author Interview – Lisa Diaz Meyer

Banner Header_2016
         

Title: All Roads Shattered: A Collection of Dark Fiction Short Stories and Poems
Genre: Short Stories/Anthologies
Synopsis: All Roads Shattered, the third book of Lisa Diaz Meyer’s All Roads Collection contains two short story sagas, five multi-genre, dark fiction short stories and twelve macabre poems.

Lisa Diaz Meyer, Author
CH: Today’s Guest Author is Lisa Diaz Meyer. She relates to the odd, macabre and funereal. Welcome to my blog, Lisa.
CH: Since this is a combination of dark fiction short stories and macabre poems, can you give us a brief synopsis of the book?
LDM: All Roads Shattered contains the Outposts III, a continuing post-apocalyptic science fiction saga that runs throughout all three of my books, thus far. People of Gods, another saga that will continue on in future books is a dystopian science fiction drama. Then, there are five independent, multi-genre, dark fiction short stories and twelve macabre poems.
CH: How did you come up with the premise for this book?
LDM: I needed to move the Outpost stories along from the first two books, so I decided to transition the plot from post-apocalyptic to science fiction. The other short stories just come to mind, as well as, the poems, when inspiration hits.
CH: With that in mind, was it hard creating believable situations and issues or did you take them from real life and elaborate?
LDM: A little of both. For example, in the dystopian People of Gods short story, the plot is about a holocaust, an extermination of a gentle race of people. I don’t feel it was difficult to write or elaborate. I enjoy taking what is real and unreal and adding a twist.
CH: How did you come up with the premise for this series?
LDM: I liked the thought of creating short stories or many different worlds, instead of dragging things out. The idea is to pack a lot of punch in a small amount of pages, as well as, creating characters to love or hate in a short amount of time.
CH: When you wrote the first book, did you know that it would be a series then? 
LDM: No. I knew that I’d continue writing short stories, poems and stage scripts, but with the later, unexpected addition of the first Outpost story, I learned I enjoyed the characters so much that I decided to keep going.
CH: Did you run into any challenges while writing this book?
LDM: No, I feel it went smoothly.
CH: Did you have to do any special research to write this book?
LDM: No research was required. It was complete imagination.
CH: What is different and exciting that you bring to your readers through your writing style? 
LDM: The odd premises and the fact that I need to produce worlds and characters quickly, requires a certain flow that readers need to identify with almost immediately. Toward the end of each story or poem I’d like the reader to use their imagination, so that the characters and story linger a bit.
CH: Of the books in the series, which character was hardest to write?
LDM: None. I loved all my characters from victims, villains to heroes.
CH: In this book, which character was hardest to develop in the short stories?
LDM: There were two, Duma and Ernie of the Outposts. Lovable Duma, because he is stubbornly complacent; yet, change is constantly thrown at him. And Ernie Coy, always the outsider, who was tortured in order to learn his abilities, later seeks revenge on his teacher and tormentor.
CH: Is there a message in your novel that you want the readers to grasp?
LDM: That in a way, we are all the same. That we do need other people to get what we need in life, even if it’s not the way we’d think or maybe even want.
CH: What kind of feedback are you getting from readers of this book?
LDM: Very positive. All Roads Shattered just received a coveted 5 star review from Reader’s Favorite.
CH: Where do you get your inspiration and ideas from when you write?
LDM: It could be anything; a dream, art, music, or even a video game.
CH: What can we expect next from you?
LDM: I am currently working on the next All Roads installment, which will include more short stories and poems. I’ll also be appearing with other writers at Long Island, NY Author Events. And my website details book availability, where I’m appearing next, synopses and photos.
CH: How to Find Lisa Diaz Meyer:
CH: Can you tell my audience where this book is sold?
LDM: Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Outskirts Press. Going to my website will also have the links.
CH: Any closing remarks on this topic?
LDM: If anyone likes their reading on the darker side of life or afterlife, please check out my All Roads Collection. Right now the first book, All Roads Home has a 4/5 star Readers Favorite review. All Roads Destined has a 5/5 star Readers Favorite review, a New Apple 2017 Official Selection in Poetry and was a CIPA EVVY Award nomination. All Roads Shattered , also received a 5/5 star review at Readers Favorite. All three books have a 5/5 Amazon rating. All three books were featured at NYC Book Expo & BookCon of 2017.
I would like to thank the wonderfully talented Cheryl Holloway for having me!
CH: Thank you so much, Lisa Diaz Meyer, for taking time out of your very busy writing schedule to join me and my blog followers.  It has been a real pleasure discussing your book with my audience.  And readers, if you’re like me and would enjoy this book.  I suggest you pick up a copy at your earliest convenience. 
Note: Photos/Clip art are compliments of the Internet, Lisa Diaz Meyer and Cheryl Holloway.
    Subscribe_clip art       Ampersand_image         Spread the Word
Don’t Keep this Blog a Secret…Tell Your Friends about it!
Readers and followers, please share this post with your friends.
Subscribe to my blog because I share great books with wonderful readers all over the globe!
*** Less than a week after this interview my 4/5 Stars on Readers Favorite was upgraded to 5/5 Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment