Monday, August 22, 2016

Hardcore Henry - Movie Review

    So I had the pleasure to watch HARDCORE HENRY over the weekend. I'll admit, I was leery as my 24 yr old son brought it home and I'd never heard of it. He explained it was a Must-See, so... Ok, I gave it a shot. 
    Number 1: its fast paced, first person based. It's exactly like watching a video game, a first person-shooter game with a great sense of humor. I found myself laughing hysterically.  A lot. For me, this is a good thing. As dark as I can be in my writing, reading, TV, movie and video game pleasure, I like to laugh and I love certain humor. Hardcore Henry hit my funny bone. Number 2: The bad guy. I'd say, someone please explain him to me but ya know what? Nah. He was entertaining and gave the best force push impersonation I've ever seen. Number 3: Jimmy. Just... Jimmy. There was an out of place musical number but I enjoyed the sense of humor of this movie and it helped explain some of the plot line. 
    I can't tell what's CGI'd or what the actual stuntman wearing a camera scenes were unless I watched it a few more times but seriously while watching this, you just don't care. Have fun with it. So if you are looking for fast paced, non-stop action, a bit of humor, video game experience in a movie, I do suggest Hardcore Henry. I, for one, am quite happy I gave it a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment