Thursday, August 4, 2016

Can we talk, Preacher..?

   Now that the first season of Preacher is over, I'd like to give my opinion, so here I go. 
First off, I loved it despite some comic book readers wanting the church/town to blow up in the first few episodes. I'm thinking, why rush it? The town and these people are nuts, lets just enjoy. Plus, ya' know Shane lasted way longer than he should've on The Walking Dead than in the comics, so let's just give Season One of Preacher its chance. 
   The casting was great. Am I surprised that the actors who play Jesse and Tulip are British? Yes and no. For some reason UK actors got that US southern accent down pat, it seems.
   They made us love Eugene although he put a young girl in a coma and wore his own twisted badge of shame on his face due to attempted suicide. And finally, Cassidy, my darlin' Cassidy. Who doesn't love a lullaby Irish accent or their way with words? He's hot, he's funny and livens every scene he's in. He owns his vampire...hood... ness, however it's said.
   Now for the Cowboy and here's where some of the comic readers might get annoyed with me but this is just an observation of the show and nothing really to do him being who he is. Ok... why is he so slow? His daughter is on her death bed and he is walking his horse (that he loves, I know) to another town in almost slow motion there and half way back. When he decides to save that family he meets on the road, he turns around and gallops that horse. One would think he would've been galloping most of the time to save his own kid. Other than that, I do like the unfortunate Cowboy story line. Thank you Preacher on AMC for entertaining me and I'm looking ahead to it's second season.

No comments:

Post a Comment