Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Taboo

It took me some time getting here with this one. Taboo was excellent, or else I wouldn't be here typing about it. My problem was more or less how to write about this season which should've been dealt with episode by episode rather than trying to lump it all together, like I'm going to do now. Recipe for Taboo: Lump lots of Tom Hardy, a drop of duel, England, America, 3/4's voodoo, plenty of explosions, men in wigs, men in ladies wigs, a button of arsenic poisoning, a few wife-beatings, a dash of torture, lots more of Tom Hardy, "wincest" with the chick from the Red Wedding and you got one helluva period piece that you can't stop watching. 
Sidenote: I wish the incest was more like a 1st or 2nd cousin thing. I think that was very IN STYLE or tolerated back then. The half brother/half sister was almost icky. Like I said Taboo was more than likable but tough as heck to review in Blah Blah Blog mode. 5/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment